Liquor Inventory the Easy Way
By David Scott Peters
Restaurant Tip of the Week
How do you keep track of your liquor? Do you? While there are many different ways to set up a liquor inventory system, the one I present is easy to use and very effective. To get it started, your liquor forms should be in the following order:
- Category – liquor, wine, bottle beer and draft beer
- Purveyor – under each category the purveyors will be listed in alphabetical order
- Brand – under each purveyor the products they carry will be listed in alphabetical order
Chart this and take inventory. Decide what you need to order to come up to par. Two special notes:
- Liquor orders are placed once a week on the same day of the week for next day delivery.
- When ordering, good judgment is required because slow-moving liquors at the bar may need only two physical bottles, even if they each are only 1/4 full.
David Scott Peters is a restaurant expert, coach, trainer and speaker, specializing in teaching independent restaurant owners how to use systems for increased sales and increased profits. He is the nationally acclaimed restaurant coach whose unique “SMART Systems” approach to boosting profits has earned him the title of, “The man who can walk into any restaurant in America and find $10,000 in undiscovered cash before he hits the back door – Guaranteed!” Visit www.TheRestaurantExpert.com for more. Learn more tips, tricks and secrets in David’s free five-part e-course, “How to Explode Your Restaurant Profits NOW!” Simply sign up to receive the e-course at TheRestaurantExpert.com.